21 February 2014

the POREfessional: agent zero shine

porefessional3 porefessional porefessional2 

I always set my my foundation with a powder, I tend to get a shiny t zone by lunch time so will often re powder if I have time. I am constantly losing fave brushes due to this and it can't be hygienic to leave them lying around in my bag. In steps Agent Zero Shine from Benefit, part of the POREfessional range.

 I bought this as I couldn't get hold of my usual face powder (MAC) due to terrible service and a New Years rush. Asked for a few suggestions on twitter and popped to Benefit in House of Fraser in Bristol. A lovely lady talked me through the different powders, as lover of the POREfessional primer I was drawn to this. A lovely translucent powder that compeltly eradicates shine and even minimises pores. No worry about a shade match as it's universal.

You tip a small amount of powder into the lid and use the brush which is stored in the bottom to buff into your skin. Leaves my skin shine free and sets my foundation for the day. It is however not drunk proof, woke up the next morning (afternoon, whatever) and I had forgotten to shut the top properly so there was powder all in the lid. Didn't lose too much so not a problem but you really have to ensure you turn the top properly to prevent any powder loss!

 A bit of a gimmicky product and doesn't replace a good old pressed powder but it does leave a lovely finish and doesn't make you look or feel cakey. I don't think I will repurchase as it is a bit steep at £23.50, but not sure it will run out any time soon as I tend to use it just on nights out.


1 comment: