31 January 2014

Beauty Challenge - Month 1

budgetbeautybudget1

I'm sorry if this is like every other empties post in the blogging world, but ya know this is more for me. See my original Beauty Challenge blog post here. The photos have gone a bit crap for some reason, i don't even upload to blogger so who knows. 

So what have I used up this month?

Hair
My favourite conditioner has to be John Frieda Full Repair Conditioner, I remember when it did the blogger rounds and I thought it really couldn't be that good. But my hair loves it! Very moisturising and leaves my hair tangle free and doesn't even weigh down my ridiculous mane. The added big bottle and pump make it even easier. I was actually quite sad to use all this up as it meant moving on to other conditioners in my bathroom like VO5 Revive Me Daily Conditioner. This did nothing for my hair. In fact I almost had to use a 1/3 of the bottle each time to even get a comb through my hair. But it was only a quid in Asda.

I am not usually that picky about shampoos, they all seem to do roughly the same job on my hair. My favourite has to be John Frieda Colour Protecting Shampoo which helps keep my red hair red. Sometimes I feel shampoos strip the colour from my hair but this helps keep it nice and shiny. I've also eventually used up all the hair dye conditoners and shampoos I had in a box saving for when I go places, but always forgot.


Makeup / Skincare
Beauty products are my biggest downfall. I can easily go into Boots and spend £20 in one fatal move. Not this month. I am slowly making it through my stupidly big stash of foundations I bought in the quest for "the one". First up is Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation in 51 which is a perfect colour match for me but I have two problems. It lasts about 3 hours top on my skin, it sinks in and vanishes. Second I am positive it is causing my skin to break out so bye bourjois healthy mix serum foundation. (Seriously, what is the difference between the two). YSL Le Teint Touche Éclat Foundation in BD20 is a perfect summer foundation for my skin, this shade is slightly off but I will defiantly be repurchasing in the summer months as it really wakes up my skin but find it too dewy for winter when I just want to have lovely matte skin.

L'Oreal Lumi Magique Primer turned to water while being un used in my drawer for a month or two so it is being thrown straight out. It was an okay illuminating primer but I have a MAC version I prefer. Maybelline Baby Lips Intense Care was a bog standard lip balm, nothing special except bright packaging. Oh and it melted while in my work uniform pocket.

REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask this mask is amazing. It is full of fruit acids which help exfoliate your skin, it has a jam like texture it is very sticky to apply. But my skin loves it! My skin looks clearer and brighter even after one use. Only problem is the price. £30. I actually resisted using the last use of this for as long as I could but that's it, all gone.

Body
St Tropez Body Polish came in a gift set, nothing special just a exfolater. Body Shop Chocomania Shower Cream is one of my favourite scents, I love washing in chocolate. I have done a full review of this range here.
Last but not least is one of my favourite scents, Gucci Guilty Black Eau De Toilette. My boyfriend actually picked this out for me. I find it almost impossible to describe fragrances, my best would be a dark fruity number. I find it quite sweet but dark at the same time! Sad to see it go but I do have quite a perfume stash to work my way through.

..and what have I bought?
Well I've been very good, ish.
Herbel Essence Shampoo and Conditioner - 2 for £4 in Asda
Soap and Glory Fab Pore Mask - £6.67
MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation £21.50 (i know. I KNOW)
MAC Eye Brow Pencil in Spiked - £13. (i lost mine on NYE somewhere..)

total - £45.17. And I'm actually quite ashamed. Must do better in February.





1 comment: