08 January 2014

Gel Cleansers

gelcleanser2gelcleanser1
 N Spa Melting Cleansing Gel (£4.80 / 100ml) - No 7 Melting Gel Cleanser (£6 / 100ml) - Clarins Pure Melt Cleasing Gel (£15.60 /100ml)

 I love a good cleanser, over the last couple of years I have tried many cleansers. My favourite has to be Emma Hardie's Cleansing Balm but at £34 for 100ml it was something I could not justify repurchasing. Since then I have moved onto cheaper gel cleansers that beautifully remove makeup and impurities from my skin.

My first foray into gel cleansers was Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel, I have used up two or three of these beauties. It removes all my make-up instantly and is easily washed off with hot water and a flannel leaving nothing but clear skin. It is still an expensive habit, with my new beauty budget I just can't justify my £19.50 habit.

Next up is No 7's offering, is their Melting Gel Cleanser. Contains rosehip oil to help lock in moisture and turns from a gel to a milk when washed away. I found it doesn't remove make-up as well as Clarins offering and feels to leave a film on my skin even after a hot flannel. It costs £9 for for 150ml so is a bargain, especially with the five pound off vouchers that Boots are forever giving out. It has lots of rave reviews on the Boots website. I find it best to use after a make up remover / micellar water and not as a first cleanse.

Lastly, and my true bargain favourite. N-Spa products are exclusively available at Asda. The Melting Cleansing Gel contains avocado, apricot and neroli oils. It has a faint fragrance but nothing too offensive. My skin has not reacted to this, it removes make up beautifully and is £6 for 125ml. 


As much as I love the Clarins offering, I think I am going to be switching to the N Spa Cleasing Gel for the future! 

2 comments:

  1. I love the smell nspa's melting cleansing gel, I don't know if it's just me but it smells like it should be warming if that makes sense?

    Rosie x | eatreadglam.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete