09 May 2013

These Boots Were Made For Walking

footcream footcream2
footcream4

Feet. Not the most glamorous of topics. I spend my working days on my feet traipsing up and down a ward. They take a battering and I am often in pain. I tend to get hard skin on my heels which can hurt more and sometimes they just want some pampering. I have some amazingly comfy shoes from Hotter which I think is the most important thing first but to help even more there arethese three beauties.

Soap and Glory Heel Genius - S&G usually have amazing smelling products, Smoothie Star smells just wonderful. I think however that the combination of menthol, lemon fruit acid and orange doesn't create the best smell. It is perfect for every day moisturising especially after a pedicure. Besides the smell I love this, a lovely thick cream with a slightly blue tinge. It is in the normal S&G packaging promising a "miraculous moisturising mix".

CCS Foot Care Cream - This is the real deal and a heavy duty cream. My aunt originally recommended this to my mum, as a podiatrist I'm willing to take her word for it. I apply this at night  under a pair of socks and leave it to do its thing. It really helps soften the skin on my heels without the need for a good old skin grating session, shudder. It doesn't have a strong smell unlike S&G's offering. Covering my feet in this every night in hope I end up with beautiful soft feet.


Body Shop Peppermint Soothing Foot Scrub - The peppermint is hard to miss, as soon as you open the lid you can smell it. It exfoliates your foot as well as soothes and freshens, I found it really cooled my feet down and helped ease any burning pain. I tend to apply this before a shower so it is easy to wash off, the first time I rubbed it on my feet before bed and then had to do a rather glamorous manoeuvre of getting my foot in the sink to wash it off.  



Next on my foot care wish list is the Peppermint Cooling Foot Lotion from Body Shop, I can see it being perfect at the end of a long day. 

(PS How beautiful is the scarf? It was my grandmothers and is in beautiful condition)

2 comments:

  1. Hey thank you for leaving a comment hun!
    The Body SHop scrub sounds good!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo I want somebody to do this for me haha i love pampering my feet but can never be arsed to do it right :P xx

    ReplyDelete